Since the T-shirts that I find are limited to just ONE shirt in ONE size (usually), I want to make it as easy as possible for you to get a tee that FITS! This is why I’ve established a carefully thought out, precise, scientific method that only requires TWO MEASUREMENTS!!! It will almost ensure you don’t receive a T-shirt that doesn’t fit you.
What I don’t want to happen is for you to be excited to receive an awesome vintage tee, only to find out it doesn’t fit and you’ll have to send it back (but if you do, I take part in eBay’s No-Hassle return policy).
So, try this out:
1. Take out your most comfortable T-shirt. This will be the shirt that you use as a template for all the other shirts that you buy at Holy Idea Tees and online.
2. Next, lay your most comfortable t-shirt flat on the floor:
3. With a tape measure, measure the length between the two armpits:
4. Now measure from the bottom of the collar to the bottom/front of the t-shirt (for a v-neck I measure from the bottom of the “V” to the bottom of the t-shirt). I like them measured this way as opposed to starting your measurement from the back of the collar because the front collar may swing way lower than the back which makes the feel and fit of the t-shirt weird fit for me.
5. Write down your measurements and reference them when buying from Holy Idea Tees:
6. Enjoy your favorite snack:
In my eBay descriptions, I do my very best to relay what kind of fit the shirt is (i.e. “slim fit”, “comfy”, etc.) in my full disclosure statement but sometimes when dealing with shirts that have no tags, I cannot accurately convey that information.
There is another good articles on how t-shirts should fit here.